A Spanish favourite which we are being kind enough to share... Enjoy!
Here is a secret meatball recipe.. Enjoy! Serves 6
For the meatballs
- ½ cup cooked white rice,
- 12 oz ground beef
- 12 oz ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp dried ground oregano
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- ¼ tsp Cumin seeds, toasted, ground
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped white onions
- Salt and pepper to season
For the sauce
- 12oz ripe roma tomatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1cup finely chopped white onions
- 4 cups light meat or chicken broth
- Canned chipotle peppers "adobado" to taste
Mix together the mince, cooked rice and herbs and spices until smooth. Make meatballs around 11/2 inches in size. For the sauce, pour boiling water over the tomatoes, pouring just enough to cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Drain and blend with chipotle pepper until almost smooth.Heat oil in a pan and gently cook the onion until translucent, add the tomatoes bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Add the meatballs, cover the pan bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer slowly for 40 minutes. Serve.