Terms and conditions 2021
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE ONGOING CORONAVIRUS CRISIS
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) provides guidance on coronavirus and other risks overseas. Different rules apply in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. You must follow all the rules that apply to you. Follow this link to see the latest FCDO travel advice.
Where our clients are travelling on a holiday that is classed as a package (where we have arranged two or more elements), the holiday will still be subject to the Package Travel Regulations. For imminent departures, if there is FCDO advice against travel, or domestic restrictions prevent us from fulfilling the trip, we will ensure that our clients' holidays are protected. In these exceptional circumstances, we will seek - wherever possible - to postpone your arrangements at no additional cost. When this is not possible we will offer you a Refund Credit Note (see below for more details) but ultimately, if it is the only possible course of action, we will refund the holiday in full. We are grateful to all our clients for their understanding during these challenging times.
We and many other travel companies offer Refund Credit Notes in lieu of full refunds. This is a mechanism developed by ABTA, our trade association, and authorised by the Government's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), to help tour operators and other travel companies navigate this crisis. Refund Credit Notes are fully financially protected by either our ABTA or ATOL bonding (depending on whether the holiday is a flight inclusive package), which means that clients can have full confidence in allowing their funds to remain with us to be used against a future holiday. If it isn't possible to organise another trip in the time during which the Refund Credit Notes are protected, clients are still eligible for a full refund. Refund Credit Notes must be issued within 14 days of the date of cancellation of the original booking and the current guidance is that ABTA and ATOL Refund Credit Notes can be issued until the 30th of April 2021 and are valid until the 31st January 2022. Please note that the validity date is the date by which the credit note needs to have been redeemed (ie: the new holiday needs to have been booked) but travel can be at a later date.
Please note that, depending on the payment terms being applied by our suppliers, cancellation terms for postponed bookings may remain linked to the original departure date and may also - in some circumstances - require additional payments to secure the booking where only deposit payments have been made to date.
We thank clients for their understanding with regard to these temporary measures.
Below you will find our Booking Conditions, Important Information regarding our additional services and offers, and our Website Terms & Conditions.
1. Our Details
We are the Original Travel Company Ltd, a limited company incorporated in England trading as Original Travel and Original Diving (company number 04437204) whose trading address is at First Floor, 111 Upper Richmond Road, London, SW15 2TL, United Kingdom, and whose registered address is at Miller Rosenfalck, Aylesbury House, 17-18 Aylesbury Street, London, EC1R 0DB, United Kingdom ('we', 'us', 'our'). We are specialist travel organisers and our business operates out of the United Kingdom (UK). Our services are as advertised. We hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence (ATOL) number 5922 granted by the Civil Aviation Authority ('CAA').
2. Application of These Booking Conditions
Your contract with us is subject to these booking conditions. A contract will exist between us once you have paid your deposit (or such other fee as may be appropriate, for example where you are making a 'late booking') and we have issued you with our booking confirmation. If any part of our contract with you is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then the remainder of it will not be affected and will remain valid and enforceable.
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions and agree on behalf of everyone travelling in your party to be bound by them. All bookings must be made by a person aged eighteen years or over. Where your booking is for more than one person, the first-named person in your party aged eighteen years or over will be treated by us as the 'lead name' for your booking. The lead name will be responsible for making all payments due to us in accordance with our contract.
Completion and submission by you of our Booking Form will be treated by us as confirmation that you have read, understood and accepted these booking conditions.
3. Law and Jurisdiction
This contract is governed by English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
4. Financial Protection
Your Financial Protection. When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive package from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be reassigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
When you buy a package holiday that does not include a flight, protection is provided by way of a bond held by ABTA - The Travel Association, 30 Park Street, London, SE1 9EQ. For further information please see: www.abta.com.
We are a Member of ABTA, membership number Y5632. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you according to ABTA's Code of Conduct. We can also offer you ABTA's scheme for the resolution of disputes which is approved by the Chartered Trading Standards Institute. If we can't resolve your complaint, go to www.abta.com to use ABTA's simple procedure. Further information on the Code and ABTA's assistance in resolving disputes can be found on www.abta.com. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of notifying us of your complaint; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
6. Data Protection
You may ask us what personal data of yours is being held or processed, for what purpose and to whom it may be or has been disclosed. You may also withdraw your consent to receiving marketing material or other communications from us at any time by unsubscribing to our e-mails or otherwise contacting us. Please also let us know if you believe the personal data we are holding is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete. You may contact us by e- mail firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone +44 20 7978 7333 or post to Data Controller, Original Travel, First Floor, 111 Upper Richmond Road, London, SW15 2TL. If you have any complaint about the way in which your personal data has been dealt with, please let us know by e-mail to email@example.com. We will investigate and respond to you as soon as we reasonably can. If you remain dissatisfied, you may complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. For further details, see www.ico.org.uk.
7. The Price of Your Holiday and Payment
You will be notified at the time of booking of the price of your holiday. What this price includes will be confirmed to you by us at the time of booking and set out in our booking confirmation. You will be required at the time of booking to pay us a non-refundable deposit, typically 20% of the quoted holiday price, and the full holiday price of a booking should be made at least 60 days prior to departure. In certain circumstances (depending on the nature of the booking) we will require a non-refundable deposit in excess of the usual 20%. On occasions, our suppliers require additional amounts up to full payment in advance (for example for Christmas bookings). On these occasions we will require additional payment in advance. Unless you are making a late booking, the balance owing must be paid to us no later than 60 days before your date of departure. If we do not receive the balance by this time, then we will treat the booking as cancelled by you and you will be liable to pay our cancellation charges (see paragraph 8.3).
We accept cheques, bank transfers and credit or debit card. There are no fees for any payment method. If your booking is made so close to the departure date that it is necessary to issue your documents on departure or send them to you by special delivery, there will be an administration charge payable by you of £25 per booking.
Whilst you are on holiday or before you depart you may, for example through our concierge service, book other holiday arrangements that do not form part of your holiday contract with us and which are not included in the price of your holiday, even though we may assist with arranging them. We reserve the right to pass on any charges levied on us from time to time by our suppliers in respect of any other holiday arrangements made by us or a concierge on your behalf.
Your holiday price does not normally include:
• Visa fees, overseas airport departure charges payable locally, porterage, personal expenditure, hotel extras, fuel and extras for car hire.
• Taxes or compulsory charges introduced by governments, regulatory bodies or airlines after you have booked.
• Security charges introduced or increased after you have booked relating to transportation costs.
• Holiday insurance
8. Changes or Cancellation by You
8.1. Changes by You
You may transfer your booking to any other person satisfying all the requirements relating to your holiday notified to us by you in writing at least seven days prior to your due date of departure. Both you and the new traveller are responsible for paying all costs we incur in making the transfer. We will charge an administration fee as set out in (c) below for arranging the transfer and other costs or additional fees may also arise, which you will have to agree to pay before the transfer can be made. For example, many of our suppliers, particularly airlines, cruise companies and safari operators, do not permit us to change names or travel dates and impose full cancellation charges of up to 100%.
(b) Other changes
If you wish to make any other change to your booking at any time after our booking confirmation has been issued, we will try but cannot promise to meet your request. We require your authority in writing before we can make any change. If a change is requested in relation to a group booking we require the authority in writing of the lead name before we can make the change.
(c) Administration fee
In each of the above circumstances, an administration charge will be payable of £30 per person where your request is received by us 60 days or more prior to your date of departure and £50 per person where the request is received less than 60 days prior to your date of departure. This charge is non-refundable.
If you wish, following the issue to you by us of our booking confirmation, to cancel your booking or any part of it relating to any person (in the case of a group booking), we will require your authority in writing, or in the case of a group booking, the authority in writing of the lead name to do so.
Our cancellation charges will apply (see the table 'cancellation charges' at paragraph 8.3 below). These are calculated with reference to the date on which we receive your authority in writing. We will not refund to you any deposits, administration charges, insurance premiums or any other fees or charges made by us and paid by you relating to your holiday in the event of cancellation by you.
We incur costs from the time you make your booking and you agree that if you cancel your booking you will compensate us for our losses and expenses, as per the table below. Our cancellation charges increase the nearer the cancellation is made to your departure date as we may not be able to resell your holiday without making significant price reductions, or at all.
We strongly recommend that you take out insurance cover for cancellation adequate to cover the value of your holiday. If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
8.3. Cancellation charges
Number of days left before your due date of departure when your authority in writing is received by us. Cancellation charge (expressed as a percentage of the total holiday price):
60 days or more Deposit only
59 - 43 days: 40%
42 - 29 days: 60%
28 - 7 days: 90%
6 days or less: 100%
9. If We Have to Change or Cancel Your Holiday
9.1 Cancellation by Us
We reserve the right to cancel your booking. We will not cancel less than 8 weeks before your departure date, except for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance or because the minimum number required for the package to go ahead hasn't been reached. Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances mean a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. The minimum number required will be provided to you with the holiday description, along with the time limit for us to tell you if the package has to be cancelled.
If your holiday is cancelled, you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an alternative holiday of comparable standard from us if we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value).
In the event a refund is paid to you, we will:
provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
pay compensation as detailed below except where the cancellation is due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances (see definition above).
Period before departure in which we notify you Amount you will receive from us
59 - 43 days: £10
42 - 29 days: £25
28 - 15 days: £45
14 - 8 days: £60
7 - 0 days: £75
This does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
9.2 Changes to the Price
We can change your holiday price after you've booked but only in certain circumstances:
Changes in the price of the carriage of passengers resulting from changes to the cost of fuel or other power sources, the level of taxes or fees imposed by third parties including tourist taxes, landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports or exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However, there will be no change within 20 days of your departure.
We will absorb, and you will not be charged for, any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If this results in an increase equivalent to more than 8% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges.
Should you decide to cancel: 1) you must do so within the time period shown on your final invoice 2) We will provide a refund of insurance premiums paid to us if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
Should the price of your holiday go down due to the cost changes mentioned above, then any refund due will be paid to you. We will deduct from this refund our administrative expenses incurred. Please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
9.3 Changes other than the price
It is a term of your booking that we are able to make changes to any aspect of your booking. If the change is insignificant, we will ensure that you are notified about it. Examples of insignificant changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard, changes of carriers.
If we are constrained by circumstances beyond our control to alter significantly any of the main characteristics of the travel services that make up your package you will have the rights set out below.
We will contact you and you will have the choice of accepting the change or having a refund of all monies paid. You can also accept an alternative holiday, where we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). We will tell you the procedure for making your choice. Please read any notification of changes carefully and respond promptly as if you do not respond to us within the timescale given your booking may be cancelled.
If you choose to accept a refund:
we will provide a full refund of your travel insurance premiums if you paid them to us and can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy.
we will pay compensation as detailed below except where the significant change is due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so.
Period before departure in which we notify you Amount you will receive from us
59 - 43 days: £10
42 - 29 days: £25
28 - 15 days: £45
14 - 8 days: £60
7 - 0 days: £75
10. Our Liability to You
You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in this package. If any of the travel services included in your package are not performed in accordance with the contract, or are improperly performed, by us or the travel service suppliers, and this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements, you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services is due to: (i) you or another member of your party; or (ii) a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel services in the package and is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or (iii) unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of three times the cost of your travel arrangements. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the travel services that make up your package. These terms are incorporated into this booking; and
b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of and conditions under which compensation can be claimed for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having the benefit of any limitation of the extent of or the conditions under which compensation is to be paid under these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the travel service contractual terms, or the international conventions, from us by writing to Nick Newbury, Original Travel, First Floor, 111 Upper Richmond Road, London, SW15 2TL, United Kingdom. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However, reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in these booking conditions. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline or any other service provider will be deducted.
If it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights. The limit doesn't apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notified us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your holiday.
If you have any special requirements (dietary or otherwise) you must inform us of these at the time of booking so that we can pass these onto our suppliers. We cannot guarantee that your requirements will be met, however, and we are not liable to you in the event that your wishes are not met.
NB this entire clause 9 does not apply to any separate contracts that you may enter into for excursions or activities whilst on holiday.
11. Your Responsibility
(a) It is your responsibility to ensure that you and everyone travelling with you have valid passports, appropriate visas and vaccinations. Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. Some countries (particularly in Southern Africa) require your passport to have two blank pages for a visa stamp. As a result, if you are travelling in more than one country that requires this you will need to have more blank pages - for example, if you visit South Africa and Namibia, both of which require two free pages, and re-enter South Africa to fly home, you would need six blank pages. If you have any doubts about the number of pages required, we advise erring on the side of caution, even if this means applying for a new passport.
(b) You are responsible for ensuring that any existing medical conditions or disabilities which may require assistance are declared to us before you book your holiday or, if newly diagnosed, before your due date of departure so that we can pass these details on to our suppliers in good time. We are not in any circumstances liable if any carrier refuses you or any member of your party as a passenger as a result of any medical condition or disability. Women 28 weeks or more into pregnancy at the time of return travel must have a doctor's certificate confirming that they are fit to travel (note airlines normally require certification at 32 weeks). We are not liable for any costs, delays or illness resulting from your failure to meet any requirements.
(c) You are responsible for your behaviour and that of your party. We and our suppliers reserve the right to refuse your booking or the right to board or the right to travel and to remove you and/or any member of your party from any transport, accommodation or any part of your holiday if you or any member of your party is drunk or under the influence of drink or drugs; if you are or we reasonably believe that you are in unlawful possession of drugs; or are behaving violently, disruptively, dangerously or irresponsibly or in any manner whatsoever which presents a risk to you or others or is causing a nuisance or annoyance to others. No refund will be given, or compensation paid, and no costs or expenses for which you become liable or which are incurred by you will be made by us or be recoverable by you from us in such circumstances. You may also become the subject of police inquiry or security measures or investigation and liable in the event that any offence is committed to criminal prosecution and penalties whether in the UK or in any other country having jurisdiction in respect of the alleged activity. You must fully cooperate with and follow any safety procedures and instructions given by any organisation which is running the activities which you do while on holiday. It is possible that such organisations will require you to sign a waiver form in respect of the activity being carried out.
If you have a problem during your holiday, you must inform the relevant supplier whose service is involved (e.g. your hotelier) and our local representative (or if they cannot be reached, please contact us on our 24-hour emergency number (+44 20 7978 7333)), without undue delay, who will endeavour to put things right. If the problem cannot be resolved locally and you wish to complain, full details must be sent to us in writing to arrive within 28 days of your return giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. If you fail to follow the requirement to report your complaint whilst on holiday, we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify it whilst you were on holiday and this may affect your rights under this booking. Please also see clause 5.
Many of our trips take place in destinations where local conditions vary enormously, and the people we deal with on the ground may be less time-conscious or meticulous in planning than ourselves, and while we will do our best to ensure that the holiday goes according to plan, we ask that those who travel with us do so with a spirit of adventure, in a positive frame of mind, and in good humour.
13. Additional assistance
If you're in difficulty whilst on holiday and ask us to help we will provide appropriate assistance, in particular by providing information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance; and helping you to find alternative arrangements and any necessary phone calls/emails. You must pay any costs we incur, if the difficulty is your fault.
You must be fully insured for your holiday and must make sure that all of the activities which you will be carrying out are covered by such insurance. This insurance must include adequate cancellation insurance to the value of your holiday, emergency evacuation and repatriation costs in respect of all of your activities. Please note that the travel insurance provided by some credit card providers often only offers the minimum coverage and, whoever your insurer, you should always check for any exclusion of activities that you might be undertaking. In response to public concern, some insurers now offer specific insurance against cancellation, delay and abandonment due to volcanic ash disruption. This can be taken out as an add-on to some travel insurance policies or as stand-alone cover.
Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
16. Concierge Service
Your booking may include a concierge service. Please note that any arrangements made by or booked through the concierge service do not form part of your holiday contract with us. Our liability for the concierge is limited in accordance with clause 9 above and the concierge's obligations under this contract will be limited to performing the concierge service with reasonable care and skill. Please note we accept no liability for any products, services or any other bookings made using the concierge service. We are not responsible for the provision of anything that the concierge arranges or for anything that happens during the course of such provision by the relevant provider.
17. Airlines outside the European Union
The EU maintains a list of airlines that are banned from operating in the EU due to safety concerns. It is available online at ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban/index_en.htm
These airlines don't fly within the EU, but they do fly outside it e.g. internal flights in Nepal. If we offer you a holiday that includes a flight provided by one of these airlines we will tell you in advance so that you can decide whether to proceed with your booking. If you decide to proceed with your booking in the knowledge that the airline is on the list, our usual cancellation charges will apply if you later change your mind about travelling with that airline.
This important information should be read in conjunction with our Booking Conditions and provides useful and important information on booking a holiday with us and about the various offers and additional services we can provide. If you have any queries or questions about anything please call us on +44 20 7978 7333.
1. Borrowing a GoPro
Some of our holidays provide the opportunity to borrow a Go Pro. This offer will be available subject to the following conditions:
• You must have booked a wintersports or diving holiday
• We will contact you a few weeks before your holiday and offer you the opportunity to borrow one of our GoPros. If you wish to borrow one, all you need to do is agree to these Terms and Conditions.
• The GoPro, with suitable attachments, will be posted (signature required) to you approximately one week before your departure, along with instructions on how to return it after your holiday
• This offer is only available to clients living in the UK
• Only one GoPro can be borrowed per holiday
• Please note that our GoPro cameras are in constant use so we would ask that they are returned in good time
• You will be responsible for the cost of repairing any damage to or loss of the GoPro, or its accessories, however caused. We recommend checking your insurance policy to see whether this is covered
• This offer can be used in conjunction with any other eligible offers and is subject to availability
• This offer may be amended, withdrawn or extended without notice
• There is no cash alternative to the stated offer
2. Lounge Access for Long Haul Lovers
• Applicable to honeymoons departing UK and flying to a long-haul destination
• This offer can be used in conjunction with any other eligible offers, and is subject to availability
• This offer may be amended, withdrawn or extended without notice
• There is no cash alternative to the stated offer
3. Refer a Friend
To refer a friend:
• You must have travelled with us before
• When referring a friend to us, please ensure that they quote your name at the time of enquiring for their first holiday
• When your friend travels on their first holiday with us, you will receive a discount of £100 off your next holiday with Original Travel
• This discount will be applied to the final balance of your next holiday with Original Travel
• This discount can be applied at either the deposit or final balance payment stage of your next holiday with Original Travel
• There are no limitations to the number of referrals that you can apply to one Original Travel holiday
• Should the value of your referrals exceed the value of your Original Travel holiday, you can transfer the excess value on to your next Original Travel holiday
• This discount only applies to your first Original Travel holiday
• The discount will be deducted from your final balance
• Only one discount can be applied
• You must quote your referrer friend's details at the time of enquiring
• Once you have travelled on an Original Travel holiday, you can benefit from the same referral opportunities as your referrer friend
Further Refer a Friend Terms & Conditions:
• The £100 discount can be applied to holidays with either Original Travel or Original Diving
• This offer can be used in conjunction with any other eligible offer
• All bookings are subject to availability and our standard Booking Conditions apply
• This offer may be amended, withdrawn or extended without notice
• There is no cash alternative to the stated offer
• Once booked there are no refund or cancellation rights associated with the offer
This offer cannot be retrospectively applied to past referrals. This offer only relates to enquiries made after the launch of this 'Refer a Friend' scheme
• This offer is not available to the staff of companies professionally associated with Original Travel
4. Departure Assistance Services at UK Airports
These services are offered where possible but do not form part of your contract with us and we or our suppliers are under no obligation to provide them. Where they are provided, please note the following important information.
• The UK Airport Representatives delivering our Departure Assistance Services have the necessary airport orientation, training and background checks to professionally deliver these services. They are required to display photographic airport issued identity cards and must observe and comply with relevant security procedures, rules, regulations, policies, regulatory obligations as applicable
• No act or omission, shall be made to achieve standards in our Departure Assistance Services at UK airports, if to do so would compromise, potentially compromise, or create a risk of compromising your safety or security or that of the personnel involved in the general airport operations
• Departure Assistance Services will only be available three hours prior to the scheduled time of departure of your flight
• You will be provided with an allocated time slot to meet our Representative at the relevant airport. In the event of a delay you are advised to either contact our Representative directly or Original Travel, as soon as possible in order to make alternative plans
• We reserve the right to cancel the service if you do not arrive within the time slot
• We are not responsible for passenger(s) arriving so late at the airport resulting in them being denied check in or boarding the flight
• Please note, we are only able to provide this service if the booking is made more than 72 hours before departure. However, we will always endeavour to accommodate last-minute bookers
• You will be contacted 24 - 48 hours before travel by the Representative assigned to conduct the service in order to confirm the meeting point and meeting time and using the contact number provided at the time of reservation.
• You will be given the mobile phone number of the Representative in order to assist in finding him/her if you are having difficulty finding each other.
Meet and Greet
• Our Representative will be available and in position at least 15 minutes before you arrive. You will be welcomed by a Representative holding an Original Travel branded board and a luggage trolley (free of charge) direct from your vehicle at the terminal, off the train at the terminal or at check-in, as agreed between you and them
• If you cannot be located, our Representative will wait a minimum of one hour
• Our Representative will always maintain maximum discretion
• Our Representatives are not insured to carry passenger baggage, including cabin baggage and you agree not to ask them to do so. Porters can be pre-booked in advance of travel on your behalf (where available) at extra cost
Check-in & Baggage Drop
• Arrangements must be made directly with the relevant airline to ensure a prompt and efficient check in/bag drop once you arrive at the airport. Attention must be paid to individual airlines check-in policies and desk opening times
• Check-in will be conducted using the quickest option available based on your ticket/class of travel. Wherever possible/permitted priority check-in desks will be used
• Our Representative will assist you with all check-in formalities, however care must be taken not to intrude upon or interfere with the airline or handling agent's procedures. The main goal is to ensure you are checked in as quickly and efficiently as possible with a waiting time that is no longer than is necessary
• We cannot be held responsible for delays or any denied access resulting from insufficient or expired documentation
• You will be escorted to and assisted through security. This includes preparing you for security inspection in order that you are processed efficiently and without issue. Attention should be paid to the liquids, creams and gels restrictions to ensure a smooth passage through security
• Our Representative will remain with you throughout the security experience unless airport restrictions do not permit this. You will be guided to the most direct route/lane available thus minimising any waiting time
• We will aim to ensure that you experience fast-track/priority security where this service is available
• We cannot guarantee availability of the fast track lane at any airports, or that the queue time for the fast track lane will be less than the standard security lane. In the event of a closure/excessive queue at the priority channels our Representative will endeavour to ensure you pass through in the quickest possible time
• Our service includes access to an airside executive lounge regardless of class of travel
• For lounge services we will automatically calculate the time of entry into the lounge based on the flight departure time
• Please note we do not provide lounge services directly but through our third-party suppliers. The terms and conditions of each respective supplier will apply to use of the lounge and are available at the time
• You should ensure that you always abide by the Executive Lounge Terms of Entry for the specific lounge included
• Departure Assistance Services may be amended, withdrawn or extended without notice
• There is no cash alternative to any or all of these Departure Assistance Services
5. Pre-booked Aircraft Seats
• We understand that for many clients airline seating is an important part of your holiday organisation, so we endeavour to book seats for your flights wherever possible. When we have booked your flights, we will also endeavour to pre-book your seats. Please note this service is only available if we book your flights
• Unfortunately, there isn't one hard and fast airline rule, so it is subject to availability once the seats open for selection. We will, of course, try to seat you and your travel companion(s) next to each other
• Please note, as we have to follow airline policies we may have to issue your flights early so may require an additional deposit from you to be able to choose your seats. Bulkhead and exit row seats may also incur additional costs, so if you have any specific seat preferences, please do let us know so we can look into this for you
• Some airlines don't allow for seat selection until nearer the time of travel, but please do still let your sales and service consultant know as soon as possible if you have seat preferences so they can try to reserve your seats as per your preference as soon as they become available. If you have any frequent flyer memberships, please do also highlight this to your consultant or service team member as some memberships can open the seat maps earlier. For smaller airlines, seat selection is only available at check-in
Our Concierge services are not available in every country we offer. During the enquiry process your consultant will tell you whether the service is available in the destination(s) you plan to visit.
7. ATOL Protection
Some of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. This website will provide you with information on the protection that applies in the case of each holiday and travel service offered before you make your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.caa.co.uk.
Our Booking Conditions are updated from time to time. The Booking Conditions which will apply to your holiday are those on our website at the time of booking. There may be additional terms & conditions which apply to our special offers, promotions and discounts from time to time. These will be notified to you at the time of booking should you inform us that you would like to take advantage of them.
A copy of our latest Booking Conditions can be viewed on our website www.originaltravel.co.uk where you can print off a copy for your records. By proceeding with any booking, you confirm you have read and agreed to our Booking Conditions.
10. Brochure and Website Content
We take reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in our brochures and on our website. However, content is subject to change, often due to the actions of our suppliers (e.g. airlines, hotels, activity providers, car hire companies etc). We will endeavour to notify you of any change known to us and affecting your holiday prior to issuing you with our booking confirmation and after that, as soon as we are notified by our Suppliers. We do not generally use linking or framing. We are not responsible for the content, policies and services of any sites linked to or accessible via our website.
Website Terms & Conditions
We are the Original Travel Company Ltd, a limited company incorporated in England offering world-wide tailor-made holidays via our website www.originaltravel.co.uk (hereinafter, the "Website").
1. Legal Notice
1.1. The Website is published by Original Travel Company Ltd, a limited company incorporated in England (company number 04437204) whose trading address is at First Floor, 111 Upper Richmond Road, London, SW15 2TL, United Kingdom, and whose registered address is at Miller Rosenfalck, Aylesbury House, 17-18 Aylesbury Street, London, EC1R 0DB, United Kingdom represented by its CEO, Mr Nicholas Newbury. Phone number: +44 (0) 20 7978 7333 - VAT number: GB 799192267.
1.2. The Website is hosted by the company D3R Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 5746888 and VAT Number 903802450 and whose registered address is at Friars House, 52a East Street, Chichester, PO19 1JG.
1.3. Most of the air holidays and flights offered by Original Travel Company are ATOL protected, since we hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence (ATOL) number 5922 granted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). Original Travel Company is also a member of ABTA (membership number Y5632).
The Website: means the Original Travel Company's website that can be accessed at www.originaltravel.co.uk
The User: means any Internet user surfing and/or using the functionalities available on the Website.
Service(s): mean all the services provided by Original Travel Company, including travel services and all holiday arrangements associated.
The Customer: means any Internet user who, once he accessed the Website, (i) sign up to the Newsletter, and/or (ii) send a holiday enquiry, and/or (iii) accept a travel suggestion from Original Travel Company.
3. Use of the Website
The Website shall be accessible free of charge in any place to any User with an Internet connection. All costs charged to the User to get an Internet connection and access to the Services remain at his charge. Likewise, Original Travel Company should not be held responsible for any connection issue attributable to any device or telecommunications operator selected by the User (reduced Internet speed or lost connection for example).
From the Website, the User gets access to information and/or Services below:
Worldwide itineraries ideas (free access to any Internet user)
Detailed information about products and Services provided by Original Travel Company (free access to any Internet user)
A specific access to submit an holiday enquiry
An access to a personal account that he can create by filling the form and selecting a password here: www.originaltravel.co.uk/account/login
4. Guarantee and Liability
Original Travel Company shall make its best efforts to provide a 24/7 access to the Website, except in the event of an act of God or any event beyond the actual control of Original Travel Company and subject any repairs and maintenance work required to ensure the Website runs smoothly.
Indeed, in order to ensure the proper management of the Website, Original Travel Company will be able to, at any time:
Interrupt or restrict access to all or any part of the Website, reserve access to the Website or to some sections of the Website,
Delete any information that may disrupt the smooth running of the Website or contradict the applicable laws,
Suspend the Website to perform updates.
Original Travel Company shall not be held responsible in case of any technical failure, breakdown, operational issue or interruption, preventing access to the Website or any of its functionalities.
The User's devices remain under his own responsibility. The User shall take any appropriate measure to protect his own devices and his private data, including in case of a cyber attack. Original Travel Company shall not be held responsible in that case, the User remains responsible of websites he visits and data he shares.
5. General Obligations of the User
Original Travel Company will be able to engage the User's liability if he fails to comply with these provisions.
The User and/or the Customer should keep secured at all times their personal username and password enabling them to access their private account on the Website and never allow anyone to consult and/or use those username and password.
The User and/or the Customer are responsible of all activity in relation with Services they access or use while they are connected to their account.
The User and/or the Customer must immediately notify Original Travel Company of any unauthorized use of their username and password by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +44 (0) 20 7978 7333.
By using the Services and the Website, the User and the Customer declare and warrant that (a) all the information they gave to Original Travel Company is true and accurate ; (b) they will keep ensuring the accuracy of this information and (c) their use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
6. Intellectual Property
All content and material regarding Services such as writings, graphic elements, video and audio clips, logos, photos, icons, pictures … are the exclusive property of Original Travel Company or its licensors. They are protected by applicable copyright laws. Contents and materials on the Website, which is operated, licensed or controlled by Original Travel Company, cannot be copied (except for the User personal use only) neither distributed, republished, downloaded or forwarded in any way without written prior authorisation from Original Travel Company.
Modification or use of the Website content and material for any other purpose shall violate intellectual property rights of Original Travel Company and its licensors. Original Travel Company and its other brands, as well as their logos, are registered trademarks (hereinafter, the "OTC's Trademarks") and they are the exclusive property of Original Travel Company.
The use of any OTC's Trademarks as part of a hyperlink either to or from any other website, without written prior authorisation from Original Travel Company, is prohibited.
8. English Law
© Original Travel Ltd 2021 Original Travel®. Original Diving is a trading names of The Original Travel Company Ltd All rights reserved. Date of issue: January 2021.