Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Life is in the detail
The Yucatan Peninsula is famed for it's Mayan cities and beautiful beaches, but diving in the cenotes - flooded caves - is stunning. The water is so crystal clear that you almost forget that you are surrounded by water rather than air and when sunlight penetrates the water everything is sapphire blues and emerald greens.
Louisa - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Papua New Guinea
- Raja Ampat
- While travelling in Indonesia, I went on a four day liveaboard in Komodo National Park. This was one of the most magical places both above and below the water, especially so at my favourite dive site Batu Bolong. A stunning dive: so many fish that I could hardly see my dive buddy and pristine coral - few places in the world where you can experience this nowadays. The added bonus on this trip was seeing the Komodo dragon!
- Arrival at the Sun Gate after trekking the Inca trail was also hard to beat - views that literally take your breath away (if you haven't already lost it on the way up)!
- Staying at Soneva Fushi in the Maldives. It's got to be one of the best hotels in the world
Toughest Travel Moment
- Avoid fire coral at all costs. It is so named for a good reason!
Weirdest Travel Moment
- I backpacked up the east coast of Borneo to reach the island paradise of Derawan and I spent 18 hours in the boot of a car! However on arrival there were no regrets and I was snorkelling in a lake teeming with non-stinging jellyfish and had a resident turtle that visited my hut on stilts every evening at sunset.
Explore my blog posts
Let's face it, we Brits are obsessed with the weather; from constantly checking precipitation patterns to initiating temperature-related conversations at least thrice per day. So we hate to break it to you with the latest forecast but it's looking decidedly British. Wave goodbye to the…
While we regularly spout our merry manifesto about the wonders of the world as seen from dry land, we're also major fans of the ocean and all it has to offer, which is why we have a specialist dive team here at Original Travel, the aptly named Original Diving - divemasters, instructors,…
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.