Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Life is in the detail
If you’re heading to Brazil’s Bahia state, make sure you spend a few days in the charming little cobblestone town of Lencois. From there, hike into Chapada Diamantina National Park for billowing waterfalls, deep canyons and natural waterslides – all without seeing another soul.
Lizzie - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Go on a liveaboard to dive in Indonesia's Raja Ampat
- Hike to Everest Base Camp in Nepal
- Freedive with whales and orcas in Norway
- Take a voyage to the remote wilderness of Patagonia and Antarctica
- Dive between two continents in Iceland
- Diving in the cenotes of Mexico: Dos Ojos for its labyrinth of stalagmites and stalactites, Casa Carwash for its Eden-like underwater garden, Angelita for its spooky Tim Burton setting and the best cenote, The Pit, for the turquoise shard of light that pierces through the freshwater lighting up the entire cave.
- Watching the entire Milky Way at Punto Gallinas in Colombia, South America's northernmost point.
- Taking a speedboat to the Jurassic Park style islands of Coiba National Park, Panama, then diving amongst a whirlpool of marine life - I've never seen so many fish in my life!
- Hearing a low grumbling in the middle of the night, opening my tent and seeing a shock of red in the darkness as Volcán de Fuego (Guatemala's most active volcano) exploded.
Toughest Travel Moment
- A serious bout of food poisoning halfway through a hike up the Atlas Mountains in Morocco.
Weirdest Travel Moment
- Volunteering at a Yoga Finca in Colombia and being convinced to take part in a Vamana Dhauti. Never again!
Explore my blog posts
Let's face it, we Brits are obsessed with the weather; from constantly checking precipitation patterns to initiating temperature-related conversations at least thrice per day. So we hate to break it to you with the latest forecast but it's looking decidedly British. Wave goodbye to the…
While we regularly spout our merry manifesto about the wonders of the world as seen from dry land, we're also major fans of the ocean and all it has to offer, which is why we have a specialist dive team here at Original Travel, the aptly named Original Diving - divemasters, instructors,…
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Gustav van Damme
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.