Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Life is in the detail
Explore the sleepy coastal towns in South-West France. Whether you want to ride the waves in Biarritz or wander through the streets of Saint-Jean-de-Luz, you will be won over by the Basque charm.
Charlotte H - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Go husky sledding beneath the Northern Lights in Iceland
- Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
- Do a coast to coast road trip through America
- Explore Botswana and Zimbabwe
- Hiking to the summit of La Rhune to admire the panoramic views of the French coast, the Pyrenees and Northern Spain, whilst standing on the Franco-Spanish border.
- Skiing through untouched power whilst venturing off piste in Val d'Isere.
- Sleeping under the stars in the desert on a camel safari in Jaipur, India.
- Sailing from Colombia to Panama, across the Caribbean Sea, hopping between the beautiful San Blas Islands.
- Gorilla trekking in Uganda.
Toughest Travel Moment
- Being burgled in the middle of the night whilst working at a school in Kenya. Not a nice experience for anyone but it would never stop me going back!
Weirdest Travel Moment
- Having to pose in front of the Taj Mahal while total strangers queued up to take my photo. Certainly the closest I've ever felt to celebrity status.
Explore my blog posts
Located on the heel of Italy's boot, Puglia is the hotspot for a romantic getaway and for good reason. The region is bursting with history, art and excellent food - a perfect recipe for romance. On a tranquil trip for two, our Italy expert, Francesca, discovered that traveling with her…
There's no denying that wellness is having a moment and in travel, people are increasingly seeking out holidays with a healthy twist. Whilst meandering through the limestone peaks of the Dolomites and coasting along the shores of Lake Garda and Lake Como, our Italy expert, Charlotte,…
Sweden is known for a lot of things: excellent design, an unfairly tall and attractive population, ABBA and… food. On a recent foodie trip to Stockholm, our Sweden expert, Ella, fell head over heels for their incredible food culture and returned convinced that despite its small size, you'd…
France's sensational south coast is home to both the glamorous playgrounds of St. Tropez and Cannes and the authentic hilltop villages of Eze and Haut-de-Cagnes. While I was whizzing along the French Riviera in May, it struck me as a perfect time to visit. Here's why...
With European travel becoming increasingly easy (meaning more destinations to tick off every year), why not put the beautifully scenic Balkans at the top of your list for your next venture with Original Travel? Mountainous, medieval and immensely stunning, Montenegro and Croatia make for the…
Arriving in Swedish Lapland in early January, I stepped off the plane to a "warm" -10˚C (as described by a local)… this is a land of snowy wilderness, where there are more reindeer than people, allowing travellers to immerse themselves in nature in its purest form and escape the chaos of…
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.