Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
If you find yourself in Cape Town go for dinner at The Chapman’s Peak hotel – the best sunset views, relaxed atmosphere and food! If you venture to Franschhoek make sure you go to La Petite Ferme for lunch – hands down the best meal I’ve ever had.
Carys - Original Traveller
Original Travel Expert
Travel Things I Want To Do Before I Die
- Ski in Japan
- See bears in the wild in Canada
- Live in a city outside of Europe for a year
- Surf in Hawaii
- Snorkelling in the third largest coral barrier reef (the Florida reef) among nurse sharks and barracudas.
- Spending a whole afternoon continually jumping off a speed boat in Mauritius to swim among dolphins in the wild.
- Finding a beautiful black leopard in the Masai Mara.
- Seeing sunrise at Angkor Wat in Cambodia.
Toughest Travel Moment
- I got cocky and decided to be the first person to jump off our rental boat in Croatia to shortly realise there was no steps to get back onto the boat. It was too big to climb myself back on, so I had to be rescued by a yacht and dropped back down into the boat. I never want to tread water for that long ever again.
Weirdest Travel Moment
- An Iguana jumping up on my breakfast table in the depths of the Costa Rican jungle and proceeding to wolf down the remains of the whole tables breakfast. A hungry day for all humans involved!
Explore my blog posts
This November will see the release of the 25th Bond film and we simply cannot wait. Yes, we're excited for the soundtrack, the new gadgets, guaranteed dramatic escapes and clammy-hand-inducing bust ups, and of course we don't want to miss the final chance to see Daniel Craig as Bond, James…
So, the January blues have finally come to an end, there's a faint whiff of optimism in the air that spring isn't too far away, and everyone is finally crawling out of social hibernation to start the new decade once and for all. Never ones to be left behind, the Original Travel team in…
Meet the rest of the team
We’re seasoned travellers who combine our personal insights and exceptional knowledge to create memorable trips and experiences.
Isabel de Galleani
Start creating your tailored trip today
Working with you we'll craft an unforgettable trip and tailored itinerary.