We know you've been waiting for it all week, it's time for Original Travel's weekly travel quiz! It's week eight, so you've got more than a few weeks of travel trivia under your belt, now its time to hit the big quiz leagues. Being the world-class travel nerds that we are, the team at Original Travel love coming up with delightfully difficult travel-related trivia, designed to test even the most seasoned of travellers. Fancy a challenge? Let's get quizzing...
- Which slow-moving creatures go on a yearly migration around the rim of a crater in the Galapagos Islands?
- What is the Capital City of Lithuania?
- This flag is the national flag of which country?
4. What is the official currency of the Galapagos Islands?
5. Which airport is KWI the code for, and which city does it serve?
6. In which city and country do they celebrate the world's largest carnival?
7. Where in the world is the place in the image? (one point each for the place and the country)
8. In which country is the phrase (when translated) ""not my circus, not my monkeys"" used, when saying something is ""not my problem""?
9. How many hours ahead of GMT is Papua New Guinea?
10. 'Slogan Eels' is an anagram for which American city?
11. Name one of the three great Siberian rivers that flow into the Arctic Ocean (bonus points if you can name more than one of the three)
12. Which river in China do these images represent (tricky!)?
13. In which country were the 'Games' sections of the Hunger Games film series filmed in? (bonus points for the specific area)
14. Where does casu marzu, a sheep milk cheese, come from?
15. And finally, a question from Helene, our Greek Concierge. Greece is home to over 2,000 islands, but how many of them are inhabited?
a) 170, b) 570, c) 970
- The giant tortoises of the Galápagos follow their own superhighway, which traces the rim of the Alcedo volcano. This well-worn migratory path is believed to have been used for thousands of years.
- US Dollar
- Kuwait International Aiport, in, you guessed it - Kuwait
- Every year, before Lent, Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, hosts one the largest carnival in the world. People celebrate with samba competitions, music performances, elaborate costumes and a procession.
- Thor's Well, in Oregon, USA
- 10 hours ahead
- Los Angeles
- The Lena River, The Ob River and the Yensiry River - bonus points if you got more than one, and hats off if you got any!
- The Yangtze River
- The 'Games' were filmed in the beautiful pine forests of DuPoint State Forest, in North Carolina, USA
- Italy. Casu marzu is a traditional Sardinian cheese, sometimes known as 'maggot cheese'
- The answer is a - 170. Amazingly only 170 of the Greek islands are inhabited.