We are the Original Travel Company Ltd, a limited company incorporated in England offering world-wide tailor-made holidays via our website https://www.originaltravel.co.uk/ (hereinafter, the "Website").
1. Legal Notice
1.1. The Website is published by Original Travel Company Ltd, a limited company incorporated in England (company number 04437204) whose trading address is at First Floor, 111 Upper Richmond Road, London, SW15 2TL, United Kingdom, and whose registered address is at Miller Rosenfalck, Aylesbury House, 17-18 Aylesbury Street, London, EC1R 0DB, United Kingdom represented by its CEO, Mr Nicholas Newbury. Phone number: +44 (0) 20 7978 7333 - VAT number: GB 799192267.
1.2. The Website is hosted by the company D3R Ltd, a limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 5746888 and VAT Number 903802450 and whose registered address is at Friars House, 52a East Street, Chichester, PO19 1JG.
1.3. Most of the air holidays and flights offered by Original Travel Company are ATOL protected, since we hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence (ATOL) number 5922 granted by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). Original Travel Company is also a member of ABTA (membership number Y5632).
The Website: means the Original Travel Company's website that can be accessed at www.originaltravel.co.uk
The User: means any Internet user surfing and/or using the functionalities available on the Website.
Service(s): mean all the services provided by Original Travel Company, including travel services and all holiday arrangements associated.
The Customer: means any Internet user who, once he accessed the Website, (i) sign up to the Newsletter, and/or (ii) send a holiday enquiry, and/or (iii) accept a travel suggestion from Original Travel Company.
3. Use of the Website
The Website shall be accessible free of charge in any place to any User with an Internet connection. All costs charged to the User to get an Internet connection and access to the Services remain at his charge. Likewise, Original Travel Company should not be held responsible for any connection issue attributable to any device or telecommunications operator selected by the User (reduced Internet speed or lost connection for example).
From the Website, the User gets access to information and/or Services below:
4. Guarantee and Liability
Original Travel Company shall make its best efforts to provide a 24/7 access to the Website, except in the event of an act of God or any event beyond the actual control of Original Travel Company and subject any repairs and maintenance work required to ensure the Website runs smoothly.
Indeed, in order to ensure the proper management of the Website, Original Travel Company will be able to, at any time:
Original Travel Company shall not be held responsible in case of any technical failure, breakdown, operational issue or interruption, preventing access to the Website or any of its functionalities.
The User's devices remain under his own responsibility. The User shall take any appropriate measure to protect his own devices and his private data, including in case of a cyber attack. Original Travel Company shall not be held responsible in that case, the User remains responsible of websites he visits and data he shares.
5. General Obligations Of The User
Original Travel Company will be able to engage the User's liability if he fails to comply with these provisions.
The User and/or the Customer should keep secured at all times their personal username and password enabling them to access their private account on the Website and never allow anyone to consult and/or use those username and password.
The User and/or the Customer are responsible of all activity in relation with Services they access or use while they are connected to their account.
The User and/or the Customer must immediately notify Original Travel Company of any unauthorized use of their username and password by sending an email to email@example.com or calling +44 (0) 20 7978 7333.
By using the Services and the Website, the User and the Customer declare and warrant that (a) all the information they gave to Original Travel Company is true and accurate ; (b) they will keep ensuring the accuracy of this information and (c) their use of the Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
6. Intellectual Property
All content and material regarding Services such as writings, graphic elements, video and audio clips, logos, photos, icons, pictures … are the exclusive property of Original Travel Company or its licensors. They are protected by applicable copyright laws. Contents and materials on the Website, which is operated, licensed or controlled by Original Travel Company, cannot be copied (except for the User personal use only) neither distributed, republished, downloaded or forwarded in any way without written prior authorisation from Original Travel Company.
Modification or use of the Website content and material for any other purpose shall violate intellectual property rights of Original Travel Company and its licensors. Original Travel Company and its other brands, as well as their logos, are registered trademarks (hereinafter, the "OTC's Trademarks") and they are the exclusive property of Original Travel Company.
The use of any OTC's Trademarks as part of a hyperlink either to or from any other website, without written prior authorisation from Original Travel Company, is prohibited.
8. English Law
Our Service Offering
Borrowing a GoPro
• You must have booked a winter sports or diving holiday
• We will contact you a few weeks before your holiday and offer you the opportunity to borrow one of our GoPros. If you wish to borrow one, all you need to do is agree to these Terms and Conditions
• The GoPro, with suitable attachments, will be posted (signature required) to you approximately one week before your departure, along with instructions on how to return it after your holiday
• This offer is only available to clients living in the UK
• Only one GoPro can be borrowed per holiday
• Please note that our GoPro cameras are in constant use so we would ask that they are returned in good time
• You will be responsible for the cost of repairing any damage or loss of the GoPro, or its accessories. We recommend checking your insurance policy
• This offer can be used in conjunction with any other eligible offers, and is subject to availability
• This offer may be amended, withdrawn or extended without notice
• There is no cash alternative to the stated offer
Departure Assistance Services at UK
• The UK Airport Representatives delivering our Departure Assistance Services have the necessary airport orientation, training and background checks to professionally deliver these services. They are required to display photographic airport issued identity cards and must observe and comply with relevant security procedures, rules, regulations, policies, regulatory obligations as applicable
• No act or omission to act, shall be made to achieve standards in our Departure Assistance Services at UK airports, if to do so would compromise, potentially compromise, or create a risk of compromise to your safety or security or that of the personnel involved in the general airport operation
• Departure Assistance Services will only be available three hours prior to the schedule time of departure of your flight
• You will be provided with an allocated time slot to meet our Representative at the relevant airport. In the event of a delay you are advised to either contact our Representative directly or Original Travel, as soon as possible in order to make alternative plans
• We reserve the right to cancel the service if you do not arrive within the time slot or do not turn up at the airport
• We are not responsible for passenger(s) arriving so late at the airport that they are denied check in or boarding the flight
• Please note, we are only able to guarantee this service if the booking is made more than 72 hours before departure. However, we will always endeavour to accommodate last-minute bookers.
• You will be contacted 24-48 hours before travel by the Representative assigned to conduct the service in order to confirm the meeting point and meeting time and using the contact number provided at the time of reservation
• You will be given the mobile phone number of the Representative in order to assist in finding him/her if you are having difficulty finding each other
Meet and Greet
• Our Representative will be available and in position at least 15 minutes before you arrive. You will be welcomed by a Representative holding an Original Travel branded board and a luggage trolley (free of charge) direct from your vehicle at the terminal, off the train at the terminal or at check-in, as agreed between you and them
• If you cannot be located, our Representative will wait a minimum of one hour
• Our Representative will always maintain maximum discretion
• Our Representatives are not insured to carry passenger baggage, including cabin baggage. Porters can be pre-booked in advance of travel on your behalf (where available) at extra cost
Check-in & Baggage Drop
• Arrangements must be made directly with the relevant airline to ensure a prompt and efficient check in/bag drop once you arrive at the airport. Attention must be paid to individual airlines check-in policies and desk opening times
• Check-in will be conducted using the quickest option available based your ticket/class of travel. Wherever possible/permitted priority check-in desks will be used
• Our Representative will assist you with all check-in formalities, however care must be taken not intrude upon or interfere with the airline or handling agent's procedures. The main goal is to ensure you are checked in as quickly and efficiently as possible with a waiting time that is no longer than is necessary
• We cannot be held responsible for delays or any denied access resulting from insufficient or expired documentation.
• You will be escorted to and assisted through security. This includes preparing you for security inspection in order that you are processed efficiently and without issue. Attention should be paid to the liquids, creams and gels restrictions to ensure a smooth passage through security
• Our Representative will remain with you throughout the security experience unless airport restrictions do not permit this. You will be guided to the most direct route/lane available thus minimising any waiting time
• We will aim to ensure that you experience fast-track/priority security where this service is available
• We cannot guarantee availability of the fast track lane at any airports, or that the queue time for the fast track lane will be less than the standard security lane. In the event of a closure/excessive queue at the priority channels our Representative will endeavour to ensure you pass through in the quickest possible time
• Our service includes guaranteed access to an airside executive lounge regardless of class of travel
• For lounge services we will automatically calculate the time of entry into the lounge based on the flight departure time
• Please note we do not provide lounge services directly but through our third-party suppliers. The terms and conditions of each respective supplier will apply to use of the lounge and are available at the time
• You should ensure that you always abide by the Executive Lounge Terms of Entry for the specific lounge included
• Departure Assistance Services may be amended, withdrawn or
extended without notice
• There is no cash alternative to any or all of these Departure Assistance Services
Pre-booked Aircraft Seats
• We understand that for many clients airline seating is an important part of your holiday organisation, so we endeavour to book seats for your flights wherever possible
• Unfortunately, there isn't one hard and fast airline rule, so it is subject to availability once the seats open for selection. We will, of course, try to seat you and your travel companion(s) next to each other
• Please note, as we have to follow airline policies we may have to issue your flights early so may require an additional deposit from you to be able to choose your seats. Bulkhead and exit row seats may also incur additional costs, so if you have any specific seat preferences, please do let us know so we can look into this for you
• Some airlines don't allow for seat selection until nearer the time of travel, but please do still let your sales and service consultant know as soon as possible if you have seat preferences so they can try to reserve your seats as per your preference as soon as they become available. If you have any frequent flyer memberships, please do also highlight this to your consultant or service team member as some memberships can open the seat maps earlier. For smaller airlines, seat selection is only available at check-in.
Our Concierge services are not available in every country we offer. During the enquiry process your consultant will tell you whether the service is available in the destination(s) you plan to visit.
Refer a Friend
To refer a friend:
• You must have travelled with us before
• When referring a friend to us, please ensure that they quote your name at the time of enquiring
for their first holiday
• When your friend travels on their first holiday with us, you will receive a discount of £100 off your
next holiday with Original Travel
• This discount will be applied to the final balance of your next holiday with Original Travel
• This discount can be applied at either the deposit or final balance payment stage of your next
holiday with Original Travel
• There are no limitations to the number of referrals that you can apply to one Original Travel
• Should the value of your referrals exceed the value of your Original Travel holiday, you can transfer
the excess value on to your next Original Travel holiday
• This discount only applies to your first Original Travel holiday
• The discount will be deducted from your final balance
• Only one discount can be applied
• You must quote your referrer friend's details at the time of enquiring
• Once you have travelled on an Original Travel holiday, you can benefit from the same referral
opportunities as your referrer friend
Further Refer a Friend Terms & Conditions:
• The £100 discount can be applied to holidays with either Original Travel or Original Diving
• This offer can be used in conjunction with any other eligible offer
• All bookings are subject to availability and our standard Booking Conditions apply
• This offer may be amended, withdrawn or extended without notice
• There is no cash alternative to the stated offer
• Once booked there are no refund or cancellation rights associated to the offer
This offer cannot be retrospectively applied to past referrals. This offer only relates to enquiries
made after the launch of this 'Refer a Friend' scheme
• This offer is not available to the staff of companies professionally associated with Original Travel
Our Terms & Conditions are updated from time to time. The terms & conditions which will apply to your holiday are those on our website at the time of booking. There may be additional terms & conditions which apply to our special offers, promotions and discounts from time to time. These will be notified to you at the time of booking should you inform us that you would like to take advantage of them.
A copy of our latest terms & conditions can be viewed on our website www.originaltravel.co.uk where you can print off a copy for your records. By proceeding with any booking, you confirm you have read and agreed to our Terms & Conditions. © Original Travel Ltd 2018 Original Travel®. Original Diving is a trading names of The Original Travel Company Ltd All rights reserved.
Date of issue: 23 January 2019