It is impossible to sum up the world’s fifth largest country and all it has to offer, but the sensual rhythm of Brazil is completely addictive, leading most visitors to return again and again.
Ysobel , Original Traveller
Indisputably the 'in' country on earth right now, and somewhere that we at Original Travel can't get enough of. So, where to start your luxury holiday in Brazil? A few days in Rio is a minimum requirement, and will give you the best introduction to the thoroughly sensual rhythm of the country. After that, take your pick from several fabulous regions, all of which we've visited.
Why we think you’ll love it
- Inland, the Amazon and the Pantanal wetlands are the best places to view Brazil's abundant wildlife
- The urban areas range from historic colonial villages to the huge, vibrant metropolis of São Paulo, and all showcase the country's rich cultural heritage
- With over 4,500 miles of coastline, Brazil boasts some of the world's best beaches; from the sandy glitz and the glamour of Florianopolis to the remote fresh water lagoon wilderness of Lencois Marahenses
- Its spectacular natural sights are numerous: the majestic Iguassu waterfalls, the mighty Amazon River, the mysterious table topped mountains of Chapada Diamantina and the wild sand dunes of the North East Coast are just a few
From the gallery
Luxury Holidays to Brazil: The Detail
More than ten of the travel team here have been to Brazil in the last five years alone, exploring everywhere from the deserted beaches of Natal province to the incomparable rainforests in the Amazon. We, therefore, have the inside track on all the best places to suggest for your luxury holiday.
Did you know
- The country's name comes from the tree called 'Brazil Wood'
- 60% of the Amazon rainforest is in Brazil
- The Amazon River that runs through Brazil is the second longest in the world
- There are 13 cities in Brazil with a population of over one million
- The motto of Brazil is 'Order and Progress'
- It has the 10th highest railroad network in the world
Rio is a must, but choosing what to do next is where our expertise really kicks in as the difficulty is filtering out what not to do, unless you've got a spare month or two. Rest assured that wherever you end up this will be one of the most memorable luxury holidays you ever take.
There's plenty more to explore throughout the world's fifth largest country - for example 4,500 miles of coastline teeming with tropical islands and home to ever more sophisticated new boutique hotels opening all the time. One thing we do guarantee - we think everyone who visits secretly wishes they were Brazilian.