Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Canada is the outdoor capital of the Northern hemisphere with its vast landscapes cloaked in wildlife, wild forests, rugged mountains, beautiful coastlines and fresh water rivers.
Why we think you’ll love it
- The country offers a wide range of viewing opportunities for wildlife, from orca whales to polar bears
- Canada is extremely easy to navigate, with a superb network of ferries, trains, float planes. It's also incredibly well suited to fly-drives
From the gallery
Tailor-Made Luxury Canadian Holidays: the Detail
The world's second largest country, Canada's star luxury holiday attraction is its sheer vastness - this place is the very definition of the 'great outdoors'.
Did you know
- The beaver is the country's national animal
- Canadian McDonald's exclusively sell the McLobster
- Canada's post offices annually receive millions of letters addressed to Santa Claus, North Pole. They respond to each letter as Mrs Claus
- Cows in Canada are not given artificial hormones for milk production, meaning that their dairy products don't contain hormones either!
- Canadians consume more macaroni and cheese than any other nation in the world
Canada boasts wild and woolly mountain ranges, lakes the size of seas, ancient forests and dramatic coastline - all adding up a vast playground for outdoor activities from skiing to kayaking to polar bear safaris. Better still, this is an all year round destination, with some spots such as Whistler as attractive and accessible in winter as in summer.
Elsewhere, Original Travel consultants have heli-skied with Mike Wiegele (generally considered the best heli-ski outfit in the world) in British Colombia, and watched bears in the wilds of Vancouver Island which is to give some sense of scale, the same size as Wales. So, if you like your outdoors great, we're here to advise on where is greatest.
Our well seasoned travel experts have travelled the width and breadth of the country and can advise on the best spots to watch a bear catch a salmon or where the most picturesque waterfalls are hidden. Original travel will tailor make the perfect Canadian itinerary to ensure you make the very most of your time away. Canada is a large country, with large places to see and large experiences to be had.