Tackling Verbier's infamous Tortin run after a big dump of fresh powder
Dave, Original Traveller
Despite what Harry Lime had to say, somewhat dismissively, in The Third Man, we at Original Travel think there's a good deal more to Switzerland than cuckoo clocks. The Confederation Helvetique (the CH of car stickers - one for the pub quiz) is no less than a mountain playground in both winter and summer.
Why we think you’ll love it
- Switzerland has some of Europe's most challenging Ski terrain
- The country also promises some of the best hot chocolate and cheese fondue...well in the world...
Our guide to holidays in Switzerland
There's some of the best skiing in the Alps, and in the swish resort of St Moritz the chance to hurtle down the Cresta Run or bobsleigh run, which makes an original - if hair-raising - change from the slopes.
Original Travel knows the Swiss Alps extremely well, having travelled, worked and lived there over the years, and can recommend the best hotels, restaurants and activities. We also highly recommend a visit in summer, when the mountains become a haven for walkers and mountain bikers.
Did you know
- Switzerland has four official languages: Swiss German, French, Italian and Romansh
- Switzerland is home to more than 1,500 lakes
- The St. Peters Church in Zürich is the largest church clockface in Europe
- Zürich has 1224 fountains, many with crystal clear drinking water