Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Most clichés are only clichés because they're true, and Ireland is a case in point. What images spring to mind when you think of Ireland? The Emerald Isle? A pint of the black stuff? Wild and windswept beaches? A good craic? All clichés, all true, all fabulous and all right on our metaphorical doorstep.
Annie is here to help give you the inside track.
Why we think you’ll love it
- Charming people, great golf, glorious Guinness and wonderful whiskey...all make for a great destination
- Great for a city break in Dublin or for a visit to the Emerald Isle
From the gallery
Tailor Made Trips to Ireland: the Detail
Quite frankly, we're starting to wonder why it took us so long to embrace the next door neighbours. In a manner of speaking. That's all set to change now, as we highlight all that's wonderful about this beautiful country, from the literary delights of Dublin to those deserted beaches on the west coast that are the last stop before the New World.
And while the physical locations are very much part of the appeal, it's the people and their innate charm and hospitality that really sets Ireland apart as a destination, be that in charming rustic places to stay (including discrete homestays that only we know about) or in the pubs, restaurants and music venues of the capital.
Did you know
- The green shamrock, the Irish harp and the Celtic cross are the national symbols of the country
- Halloween derived from the Irish festival 'Samhain'
- St. Patrick was not actually Irish, he was the son of Romans who lived in Britain
- An Irishman, James Hoban, designed the White House
- Achill Island is Ireland's largest island
- About 30% of the people in Australia are of Irish descent