Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Mark Anthony once gave the island of Cyprus to his lover Cleopatra. Nice touch, and while we can't be quite that generous to our clients, Original Travel can certainly give you the inside track on a luxury holiday to this Mediterranean gem. Several of the team have visited Cyprus on research trips and when they're not over there, they're over here telling anyone who will listen how wonderful it is.
Why we think you’ll love it
- For a change of scene (and temperature), drive from the coast into the Troodos Mountains for panoramic views and pretty little village tavernas
From the gallery
Tailor Made Cyprus Holidays: the Detail
Picking the right hotel for your luxury holiday is our minimum requirement, but we can also organise expertly guided trips to see some of Cyprus's cultural highlights, should lying on the beach, being waited on hand and foot prove a little too one onerous.
The island of Cyprus has a choice of superb beach hotels from which to explore the island or just soak up the sun that shines an average 326 days a year. History and hedonism are perfectly combined - if you can drag yourself away from the alluring sandy beaches and sparkling blue sea, there are numerous remnants of the island's intriguing history to explore - well-preserved classical ruins and mosaics, Byzantine churches, crusader fortresses and remote monasteries perched on mountaintops. Cyprus has had an eventful past stretching back millennia, thanks to its strategic location at the crossroads of three continents: Europe, Asia and Africa. Numerous civilisations have come and gone, from Greek, Phoenician and Roman through to Ottoman and British. Enhance your sightseeing with local wines and delicious Cypriot mezze in lovely little restaurants that we can recommend.
Yet another side of Cyprus is the peaceful, rural interior with its slumbering villages surrounded by citrus groves, terraced vineyards and olive trees. The way of life here is more or less unchanged in centuries and it is well worth taking the time during your luxury holiday to visit the unspoilt landscapes of the Troodos Mountains and the wild and dramatic beauty of the Akamas Peninsula.
Did you know
- During the copper and bronze age Cyprus was one of the world's wealthiest nations
- Cyprus has the world's oldest wine label, the sweet red wine 'Commandaria'
- It boasts one of the world's 10 best wreck diving sites, the wreck of Zenobia
- Turkish and Greek are the two official languages spoken on Cyprus
- In Cyprus itis possible to ski in the morning and lie on the beach in the afternoon
- Cyprus was the mythical birthplace of Greek god Aphrodite