The overhanging spa at Four Seasons Tented Camp in Chiang Rai took 15 minutes of trekking to reach, but the sublime setting amidst the bamboo forest is well worth it.
Katie, Original Traveller
Thailand is a vibrant blend of cultures and breathtaking natural scenery and, understandably, the most popular luxury holiday destination in South East Asia.
Katie is here to help give you the inside track.
Why we think you’ll love it
- The beaches - they range from long, white sandy stretches of paradise to bays surrounded by towering limestone formations.
- Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai provide the ultimate culture fix - you'll see an array of gilded temples, and have the chance to sample some seriously tasty cuisine along the way, too.
- Elephant trekking is a must; the mahouts will teach you how to instruct your elephant in Thai before trekking through the jungle.
From the gallery
Luxury Thailand Holidays: The Detail
Thailand is one of the most popular luxury holiday destinations in South East Asia, owing in no small part to its fresh scenic backdrops, fabulous foods, lively cities and paradise beaches. Plus if it's good enough for Leo (Dicaprio that is), then it's good enough for us.
Did you know
- Thailand means 'land of the free' because it is the only country in Southeast Asia that hasn't been a European colony
- The world's biggest fish, the whale shark, is found in the waters off Thailand
- Chopsticks are only used to eat noodle soup in Thailand, otherwise a spoon or fork is used
- In 1999, 30 vets worked to heel an elephant's foot after he stepped on a landmine
- Thailand is home to the 'mudskipper', a fish that can walk on land and climb trees
Energetic, cosmopolitan Bangkok combines the feel of a modern Asian city with reminders of the past, whilst contrasting dramatically with the serenity of the country's ancient temples, tranquil villages and miles of picturesque coastline.
Thailand's long coastline and the many islands that lie just offshore offer superb beaches, snorkelling and diving. The north offers a completely different luxury holiday experience, with trekking, jungle and some outstanding new hotels opening in recent years around Chiang Mai.
The country is also renowned for its fabulous food, making this a destination of many attractions, and Original Travel consultants have visited and revisited several times in the last few years to keep up to speed with new hotels and activities.
More on Luxury Thailand Holidays...
Our fantastic Asia team are here to help with every detail of your luxury holiday, from where the best street food markets are to what time of day is best to avoid the crowds on Koh Phi Phi islands. As one of the most popular countries in South East Asia, the Original Travel team have scouted out the best places to go and visit, so let us do the work and you do the enjoying.