The little coves and undiscovered beaches of Mallorca, Menorca and Ibiza. Hire a boat for the day and head to Cala Deia - the water is pure turquoise and it’s perfect for swimming and snorkelling.
Dave, Original Traveller
Sometimes overshadowed by the charms of France and Italy, and weighed down by a persistent package holiday image problem, Spain remains an all time Original Travel favourite for its scintillating cities, complex cultural history and island hangouts.
Why we think you’ll love it
- Fiestas and festivals! No other country does fiestas better, and there are so many to choose from - Las Fallas in Valencia, Feria De Abril in Seville, Carnival in Sitges, and Semana Santa, to name just a few. They're vibrant and colourful: flags and decorations line the streets, and all the locals and visitors gather together for music and dancing.
- Relaxed social gatherings in traditional tapas bars are at the heart of Spanish culture and lifestyle, and Granada is still the Spanish capital for free tapas with a round of drinks
- The picturesque white villages of Andalucia, which are made up of beautiful sparkling white house and churches, are beautiful. Stroll around the pretty narrow streets admiring the views, stopping for the occasional cerveza
Luxury Spanish Holidays: The Detail
Spain, or España, as the locals say is an old time favourite of Original Travel's. Despite its mega deal - package holiday, no carbs before marbs persona, we really are very fond of the country's diverse regions and cultural vibe, okay, and the food.
Did you know
- The name Spain diverged from the word 'Ispania', which means 'land of rabbits'
- Spain is the largest country in Europe and is five times bigger than the UK
- It was one of the world's most powerful empires during the 16th century
- Spain produces 45% of all the olive oil in the world
- The most controversial sport in Spain is bullfighting, which represents tradition, art and history
- There is no tooth fairy in Spain but a tooth mouse, called Ratoncito Perez
For a truly fabulous luxury Spanish holiday, add in some extraordinary festivals (in particular Las Fallas in Valencia and the Carnival in Santa Cruz in Tenerife) and some of the best food in the world - most true in the Basque Country - there is something for everyone here. Several of the Original Travel team were brought up or live in Spain, so we feel confident we know the most secret haunts and family-run haciendas to make your luxury Spanish holiday a memorable one.
Fear not, we have the inside track on where to go and what to do, whether its flamenco in Seville, sightseeing in Granada, eating tapas in Barcelona, drinking fresh sumo de naranja in Valencia or visiting vineyards in Rioja. We also wouldn't advise luxury holidayers to shy away from the likes of coastal Andalucía's Costa del Sol and Marbella, because the beaches are brilliant and we know just the right places to stay.
Our super Europe team are here to help with every detail of your trip, from where to avoid the crowds to where to dance amongst the crowds. Want to surf in Bilbao? Or sunbathe in The Canary islands? The Original team are pretty passionate about the places they sell, and are keen to make your luxury Spanish holiday a good one. So ultimately whether you want to fiesta or siesta, nada problema, we can tailor make the right trip for you.