Our thoughtful experts are ready with ideas, inspiration and advice for your next journey.
Visiting Morocco is an immediate and exciting immersion into another world, where Arab and Berber heritage, history and culture are inextricably bound. Put simply, Morocco is the most exotic destination in easy reach of the UK.
Why we think you’ll love it
- Haggling in Marrakech's colourful souq will put your negotiation skills to the ultimate test
- Experience time travel in medieval Fez; a mysterious city of steep winding streets, old tanneries and hidden oases in the form of traditional riads
- The clear air, snowy peaks and Berber villages of the Atlas Mountains are best experienced from some lovely luxury riads
From the gallery
More on Luxury Holidays to Morocco...
Morocco might just be Original Travel's most popular luxury holiday destination since our inception in 2003. With good reason - the combination of easy access, a strong sense of the exotic and extraordinary experiences makes for an extremely alluring destination.
Did you know
- 'Al-Mamlaka-al-Maghribiya' is Morocco's full Arabic name and translates to 'The Western Kingdom'
- Morocco gained independence from France in 1956
- It is the 12th richest country in Africa
- The liver (not the heart) is considered as the symbol of love in Morocco
- For breakfast many Moroccans eat bread with olive oil, tea and different kinds of Moroccan crepes
The obvious starting point on any luxury Moroccan holiday is the magical city of Marrakech, where life revolves around the Djemaa el-Fna square with its fire-eaters and snake charmers mesmerising crowds of onlookers, locals and tourists alike. The souq here is world famous, and we recommend bringing a spare case to pack the inevitable carpet purchase. This is also the city to enjoy a stay in a riad, one of the intimate oases within the walls of the ancient medina old town, and often hidden away down side alleys. We know the best of the riads, and also the finest restaurants in this fantastic city.
The snow-capped Atlas Mountains are the backdrop to Marrakech, and a stay in one of the stylish kasbahs in the mountains is the perfect combination with the hubbub of the city. We highly recommend taking the time to do some walking in the mountains, taking in the starkly beautiful scenery and seeing Berber life as it has gone on for centuries.
Beyond the mountains there is another spectacular ecosystem to explore in the shape of some of the finest desert scenery in close proximity to the UK. We know the best luxury lodge to stay in, and can arrange the ultimate glamping trip in the shadow of the dunes of the Southern Desert.
Elsewhere, Original Travel luxury holiday favourites include the largely unspoilt Atlantic coastline and the picturesque port of Essaouira with its wide and windswept beach that is the perfect place to kite surf.
Further north the other Imperial Cities (Marrakech is the fourth) of Fez, Rabat and Meknes, all of which have been at one time or other the capital of Morocco, have a wealth of gardens, palaces and mazes of medieval streets and souqs to explore while enjoying your luxury Moroccan holiday.
Sold? We certainly hope so, and because we revisit Morocco on an annual basis we'd like to feel we have our finger firmly on the pulse of what makes this luxury holiday destination so rewarding. The services of a good guide are advised, and Original Travel only work with the best. Likewise, in a city such as Marrakech where riads open almost daily, we're here to sift through the noise and recommend the pick of the pack.